The shallow tributary of the River Eden runs through Melmerby Halls 20 acres of wooded grounds.
This large house is within walking distance from:
- The Old Village Bakery (which serves breakfasts, lunches, coffees, homemade bread, cakes and snacks)
- a super antique shop (the Brocante Emporium)
- Also in the village is a fashion, interior and gift shop called Hollberrie which is definitely worth a visit
- There is a welcoming village shop and tea room
- the recently renovated village pub is called ‘The Shepherds Inn’
- There will be opportunities within the timetable to discover the beautiful surroundings